Saturday, February 9, 2013

Why I joined Shelf Reliance and THRIVE food

Hello.
Welcome to my blog.   My name is Kim Dickerson. I am a military wife and mother of 2 wonderful sons ages 2 and 22. (Yes, you read correctly my sons are 20 years apart in age. It has been a major life changing event starting over after 20 years, but it has been a blessed one.)
For 2013, I made a New Year’s resolution to become a better Mother, Wife and Friend and to make sure my family is better prepared for whatever the world may throw at us. After making this resolution, I began to wonder how I could possibly fulfill this resolution. After much thought Shelf Reliance came to mind with Thrive food and being a consultant, I had actually researched Shelf Reliance and Thrive about 6+ months ago. Being a Thrive Consultant, I feel this could help me in all areas. One as a mother, I will be able to provide my family with healthy foods. Two as a wife, my husband will enjoy the food but also he will enjoy the benefit of saving money. Saving money, you ask…..yes. I won’t be wasting food by throwing it out for spoiling vegetables in the fridge or freezer burned meat in the freezer and also building up our own food store from my benefits as a Thrive Consultant. And for outside family and friends they will get the benefit of learning about and enjoying Shelf Reliance and Thrive food. Last but certainly not the least important is being prepared for whatever the world may throw at us, I am somewhat use to this predicament. As I mentioned above, I am a military wife, my husband is Air Force Reserve, being a military wife comes with its own set of unforeseen circumstances that always seems to throw a curve ball at me whenever my husband is deployed. But with the peace of mind that I will be building up our home store with healthy long lasting food and survival gear from Shelf Reliance that is one less thing I will have to worry about for my family’s future.
The idea of using dehydrated food is not a new idea for me. I have been dehydrating food for years. I was raised by my grandparents who had a 2 acre garden; we canned everything. We enjoyed the fresh veggies all summer long and the canned food the rest of the year. Later dehydrating also became of part of that food storage. So home storage is not a new idea for me or my family but with Shelf Reliance and Thrive Food, we will have the benefit of longer lasting food.

www.logicalprepping.com
logicalprepping@yahoo.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment